A Brief History of the Journal
The first issue of the Journal of the Faculty of Literature of Tabriz University was published in April 1948. As the first academic-scientific journal in the field of literature and humanities, its publication was an auspicious occasion that first occurred in the field of Iranian academic research. In its establishment, development and durability, great professors such as Dr. Manouchehr Mortazavi, Dr. Abdolrasoul Khayyampour, Dr. Khan Baba Bayani, Mirza Abdullah Mojtahedi, Haj Hossein Nakhjavani, and Hasan Ghazi Tabatabayi have played major roles. This journal was published until 1968 under the name of "Journal of the Faculty of Literature", and from that year onwards its name has been changed to "Journal of the Faculty of Literature and Humanities".
A major change has been made in its work since 2003, then each issue has been assigned to one of the three areas of literature, philosophy and language. This trend continued until 2007, and it became four journals with the same scientific research credibility. This journal is currently being released in the literature section entitled "Journal of Persian Language and Literature".